Welcome to The Path of Water

This site is dedicated to exploring the Tao and Philosophical Taoism; and how it relates to everyday modern life in the 21st Century. It also includes posts relating to how I feel Taoism can provide insights for dealing with the problems of everyday living.

The process of writing out my thoughts helps me to explore what I believe and why, so these posts will probably develop over time. I hope that you'll find this site interesting and, for those of you new to the Tao and Taoism, I hope that it can provide you with a first step on the path to a rich spiritual life. If you want to post comments relating to a post or the site as a whole I'd be grateful as all feedback is helpful.

Enjoy your visit - In Tao - Woody



Who would follow the Way must go beyond words.
Who would know the world must go beyond names. *

No man ever steps in the same river twice,
for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. **


Sunday 14 June 2009

Taoism and Environmentalism

I was thinking about writing something about Taoism and the Environmental movement. Whilst doing some initial research I came across an interesting essay on scribd.com which discusses the building of a modern environmental ethic based upon Taoist thought.

The essay is called The Tao of Green: Building an Environmental Ethic with Taoist Philosophy and is written by Stephen Wolkwitz.

6 comments:

The Rambling Taoist said...

That was a good article. I hearken back to my comment on one of your earlier posts, "Sustainable Energy" that I think "sustainable anything is Taoist".

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was very excited to find this article here.. because I am the author! I had to sign up for an account on here to leave a comment haha. But anyway I'm really glad you found what I wrote interesting. It was actually a paper for a class, as I am a University student. I had no idea there was such a great blogging community relating to Taoism! I can't wait to look into all the resources you have on here. Really well done. I realize this is an old post, but do you have any questions, comments, criticisms on my article?

Woody said...

Hi Stephen,

sorry to be so slow replying - I missed the fact that you'd posted here. I found your article really interesting and you raised some thought provoking points. Thanks for dropping by and I hope you find something useful on this site.

Regards,

Woody

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I'm definitely finding this site a great resource.

willy said...

If you want to post comments relating to a post or the site as a whole I'd be grateful as all feedback is helpful.

breast fibrocystic

willy said...

I had no idea there was such a great blogging community relating to Taoism!

bedroom foods

 
Religion