Welcome to The Path of Water

This site is dedicated to exploring the Tao and Philosophical Taoism; and how it relates to everyday modern life in the 21st Century. It also includes posts relating to how I feel Taoism can provide insights for dealing with the problems of everyday living.

The process of writing out my thoughts helps me to explore what I believe and why, so these posts will probably develop over time. I hope that you'll find this site interesting and, for those of you new to the Tao and Taoism, I hope that it can provide you with a first step on the path to a rich spiritual life. If you want to post comments relating to a post or the site as a whole I'd be grateful as all feedback is helpful.

Enjoy your visit - In Tao - Woody



Who would follow the Way must go beyond words.
Who would know the world must go beyond names. *

No man ever steps in the same river twice,
for it's not the same river and he's not the same man. **


Monday 19 May 2008

Thankyou

I'd like to say thanks to those people that have kindly taken time to post comments, and to reassure them that I do intend to add posts to this site over the coming month & years.

I'm no expert on Taoism and much of what I write on this site is as much to help me clarify what I believe at this time - tomorrow I might have a different perspective - and I hope that, whether on not you agree with my beliefs, there will be something on this site that may help you on your own journey.

I can't guarantee when posts will appear. The process can't (or at least shouldn't) be forced in case I fall into the trap of writing for the sake of writing, or writing because some people have said some nice things about my previous posts. When the time feels right I'll add more posts but I can't say what he frequency will be.

In my personal life I'm at a point of reflection. Our baby son was born in March and there are few things that can teach us as much about living in harmony with the Tao as a new baby.

Who is filled with harmony is like a newborn. (10)


No comments:

 
Religion